Teacher Of The Month

Gabe Larracas

Cocoa Tiger Times wants to highlight a group of individuals who affect our students everyday — teachers.

This month…. Ms. Maria Kling

Favorite quote: “No day but today.”

Hype song: Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
Ms. Kling is a Math teacher at Cocoa Jr./Sr. High school, and her courses include Algebra 2 and Geometry. This is her sixth year of teaching!  Ms. Kling’s inspiration for becoming a teacher was her middle school algebra instructor, Dr. Brenda Sorensen. Dr. Sorensen allowed Ms. Kling to teach her fellow students and work with them. She was the one who influenced her and told her to become a teacher (Thank you Dr. Sorensen!!). Ms. Kling attended Titusville High School. She was very involved during her high school years; she participated in the flag and dance team, Latin Honor Society, National Honor Society, and MU alpha theta (which is a fancy name for math honor society.) If we weren’t blessed by Ms. Kling’s amazing teaching skills and she wasn’t a teacher, she said she would probably be a pro travel blogger or anything to travel the world. If there was any job in the world she could do for one day she said she would be a Broadway singer. In 10 years she sees herself hitting the lotto, moving to Italy, and tutoring on the side. Ms. Kling would tell her 13-year-old self, “Do not waste so much money on lotto tickets. Oh, and don’t evacuate for Matthew he’s not that bad!!!” Also, I asked what three adjectives she would use to describe herself and she said “happy, honest, and funny.” 

Thank you, Ms. Kling, for being such a great teacher and having such a huge impact on everyone’s day, everyday. We all are super grateful for you and everything you do for the school and the students of Cocoa High School. Congratulations on being the teacher of the month, you deserve it!!