Tiger Times Sports Report Week Of: 4/9-4/13

Written By: Jordan Rocco

Featured Image Made By: T-Mac’s Printing & Graphics Inc.

Unfortunately, Spring Break has officially ended. That means it is time for our Tiger athletes to get back to business. Here are the sporting events happening from April 9th to April 13th.

Last season the girls soccer team finished with a 4-17 record. They achieved history by winning their first game in over ten years. If you want to help the girls improve go to the cafeteria at 5:30 PM on Tuesday, April 10th for a informative meeting about how you can become a lady Tiger.

The boys soccer team will also be having a meeting at the same time and place as the girls. The boys had a record of 2-19-1 if you want to help the team prosper make sure you attend the meeting.

The boys baseball team has a action packed week. They currently hold a record of 2-13. They will have four opportunities this week to improve their record. Each game should begin at 6 PM. Their first game will be Tuesday, April 10th at home against the Astronaut War Eagles. The next day they will face the Palm Bay Pirates at home. On Thursday, April 12th the boys compete against Melbourne high school at home. They will finish off their week Friday, April 13th against Holy Trinity at home.

Priscilla Saad

The girls softball team currently has a record of 10-7. The girls have won three games in a row and they look to increase their win streak this week.  In those three games Mackenzie Hoffman went 8-11 and hit two home runs, seven RBIs, and she scored eight runs. Because of her incredible performances she was added to the list of athletes up for Florida Today’s Athlete of The Week. Help Mackenzie win by clicking the link below to vote for her. Voting closes at noon on Thursday, April 12th.

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/04/09/vote-community-credit-union-florida-today-athlete-week-march-26-april-7/498868002/

The Lady Tigers Softball team’s first game of the week will take place on Tuesday, April 10th at 5 PM and they will be traveling to Melbourne Central Catholic High school to face the hustlers. On Thursday, April 12th at 6 PM the lady Tigers will compete against the Cocoa Beach Minutemen at home.

Priscilla Saad

The Boys and Girls Track Team will have their district meet on Thursday, April 12th throughout the entire school day. Sophomore Caziah Holmes won in both the 100 and 200 meter dash at Cape Coast Conference. Junior Jatana Folston made history by becoming the first ever athlete to win in both the 400 and 800 meter dash at the Cape Coast Conference meet. Junior Destiny Charles won in both the 100 and 200 meter dash at Cape Coast. The girls 4 x 400 meter relay that included junior Destiny Charles, 8th grader Victoria Zidor, junior Shaniya Thomas and junior Jatana Folston won at Cape Coast and they will compete for another championship at Districts. The Tigers Track Teams look to continue their success at Districts and advance to regionals.

We wish our Tiger Athletes the best of luck as they work hard to help their teams win. Make sure you go to @CocoaTigerTimes on Facebook and @CNNTigers for results of the events this week.